We advocate moving away from a world controlled by the few and decentralizing the current concentrated power and resources and relocalizing, putting the power and control of our destiny back in the hands of the people. We work with others who are on the same path because we know that it will take everyone working together if we are to stand a chance of making real progress.
Matric (Grade 12) pass rates are very low and this reflects a common knowledge in the South African school system that disadvantaged black children are denied proper education.
InGienous Designs focuses on the following areas within education:
- Constructivist Learning Systems
- 3D Virtual Learning Environments
- Remote Education
- Teaching tools
- Mobile Education
- Education management systems
We work with partners from around the world to lower ourand tread softly on the environment, using low technology that can have minimal impact and cost and moving to high technology used in strategic applications. Key priorities include community involvement, use of local material and human resources, job and economic development done within a new sustainable economic paradigm.
Areas of focus include:
- CO2 emission sequestration technology
- Waste elimination technology
- Holistic agricultural production
- Rain harvesting technology
- Development of green local building materials and techniques
- Water treatment technology
- Water capture technologies for home and community use
- Cradle-to-Cradle technology
- Green Transportation
Africa has enormous potential for developing energy from renewable sources. We seek to develop partnerships and projects in the following areas:
- solar photovoltaic technology
- concentrated solar technology
- wind energy, conventional and nonconventional low energy wind
- novel combinations of solar & wind
- Combined Heat and Power technology
- Ocean Tidal energy
- low cost / low power renewable technologies for developing countries
- energy harvesting
- micro hydro technology
- geothermal technology
InGienous Designs works in partnership with innovative media firms such as Push Pull Media to bring empowerment media to a whole new level. Media is a very important sector that affects the efficiency of all our other sectors. With media, we can educate about the growing sustainable industry in Africa.